Quote of the week: "If you are going through Hell, keep going." Winston Churchill
Rumination: In these times of uncertainty and yes, even despair, it is easy to give in to the darkness that at times threaten to engulf us. However, as this quote shows, the thing to do is to keep going through the bad times until we break through to the light beyond. Just as the Wise Men and shephards saw The Star, which guided them through the darkness and to a beautiful gift, then we too must needs look for and follow The Star that will give us the hope and the courage to keep moving forward. Sometimes this is a talisman; I myself cherish the rosary beads that sailed from Ireland to Jamaica and then ended up in the United States. It reminds me to stay true to my faith, and to my heritage and to seek out that Star which will lead me to the warmth and comfort of better times. May you also find your Star of hope, comfort and strength that will guide you to better times.
Mantra: The Star is the light that banishes darkness.
Recipe!: Tomato Soup
1 tblspn vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped celery
2(28 oz)cans crushed tomatoes
3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
1 tblspn worcestershire sauce
1 tspn salt
1/2 tspn dried thyme
1/2 tspn ground black pepper
4 drops hot sauce
1. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
2. Saute onion and garlic until onion is tender.
3. Add carrot and celery cooking for 8 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
4. Stir in tomatoes, broth, worcestershire sauce, salt, thyme, pepper and hot sauce.
5. Reduce heat to low.
6. Cover and simmer 20 minutes stirring frequently.
Serve hot. Grilled cheese is nice with this, or a reuben.
1.Turn your head to the left slowly.
2. Turn your head to the right.
3. Tilt your head so that your left ear touches your left shoulder.
4. Tilt head so that right ear touches right shoulder.
5. Tuck chin to chest.
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for three times total to loosen neck muscles and relieve tension.
Salutation: Remember to follow your Star, get some rest, breathe, exercise and eat well. Keep up your spirits; a fallow field is really preparing for the coming of Spring!
Bis vivit qui bene vivit,
a digest that is food for thought!