My top 5 tips for networking are:
1. Think pink! Be up, be excited, be positive.
2. Practice your pitch in front of the mirror. Practice everything, including your laugh. Practice with your game day outfit on.
3. Practice your approach. Moderate pace, firm handshake, saying your name in a slightly elevated, calm, articulated way. "John Smith" should be John(pause) Smith.
4. Rehearse the encounter, and think about all the possible questions that could occur. Prepare answers accordingly.
5. Layout all materials the night before: clothes, shoes, an executive padfolio, business card case stocked with clean cards, breath spray and breath mints.....